February 13, 2020
Whether you have a wonderful Queenslander or a traditional brick dwelling, picking out a new exterior home color is a highly effective way to transform how people understand your residence. A breathtaking exterior color plan can give your residence a lot more visible effect and entice sellers to purchase.
With tens of millions of exterior paint colours available, picking out the proper colour can really feel daunting. In this post, we offer a prosperity of qualified ideas from our painting authorities, plus exterior wall paint tips employing Dulux’s marketplace-main Weathershield paints. Here’s how to opt for exterior house colours to accommodate any design and style of residence.
How To Decide on Exterior Dwelling Colours
Dominant, accent and trim colours
Painting your home’s exterior is all about sculpting the proportions and architectural characteristics of your house to create a satisfying aesthetic. In essence, your home’s exterior colour plan should consist of:
- A dominant color: The principal color of your dwelling, typically utilized for the exterior walls
An accent colour: A complementary color for the front door, window body, shutter, or any ingredient of your home that you want to stand out
A trim color: A contrasting color for the door casing, roof eaves, window trim, letterbox, railings, fascia, frieze, gutter and downspout
Ideally, the trim color should really distinction sharply with the dominant color to produce a crisp final result. Most frequently, you’ll locate the trim colour painted in a light neutral this kind of as white or soft pale gray. For individuals searching to buck the craze and generate a bolder look, pairing a gentle dominant shade with a darker trim can generate a clean-cut, dramatic outcome.
Take into consideration the sizing of your dwelling when determining no matter if to opt for a mild color (tint) or darkish colour (shade). If you want your dwelling to seem larger sized and much more airy, decide on a light-weight tint. If you want your household to seem sound and grounded, paint the foundation of your household in a darker shade.
The architectural type of your home can support guideline your option in paint colours. For example, exterior color techniques for Queenslanders usually attribute placing colours that keep the magnificence of the historic architecture while bringing it up-to-date. Think dazzling and antique whites (Dulux Regency White, Ivory or Lexicon 50 %), sand (Dulux Portland Stone), gray (Dulux Leadman, Highgate or Aerobus), or greige (Dulux Linseed or Light-weight Leather).
From a beachy vibe to a present-day, edgy aesthetic, believe about your home’s preferred aesthetic. If you’re acquiring issues pinpointing a colour palette, we advise trying to find enable from an qualified color guide who can discover the actual appropriate match to match your vision and your home’s fashion.
Exterior Wall Paint Concepts
Magnificent greige and grey
From interesting dove grey to opaque gunmetal gray and warm greige, this colour is a natural choice for exteriors. Giving the fantastic stability of advanced modern day design and timeless magnificence, this flexible colour looks specially attractive when trimmed with crisp white. It also appears astounding when contrasted with exterior factors these types of as bricks, stone and timber with a greyish undertone.
Listed here are some classic pairings to try out:
- Grey and white: A serene, correct gray like Dulux Tranquil Retreat, paired with Dulux Vivid White and Colorbond Monument
- 3 shades of gray: Dulux Teahouse and Dulux Dieskau with Colorbond Domino
- Greige and gray: Dulux Surfmist, Dulux Vivid White and Dulux Dune
A hanging all-white exterior will continue to keep your property on the lookout fresh and classy. Dulux provides a assortment of classic shades that do the job effectively on their personal and matched collectively:
- Thoroughly clean vivid white: Dulux Vivid White
- Ivory white: Dulux Normal White, Dulux Whisper White, Dulux Antique White U.S.A.
- Gray white: Dulux Lexicon Fifty percent
Classic nonetheless sleek and modern day, a monochromatic black and white plan can produce an arresting outcome. Use the contrast to visually sculpt the assets, highlighting bold architectural factors or distinct substrates. Right here are some solutions:
- 50/50 equivalent black and white: Group Dulux Vivid White in equal quantities with Dulux Black Caviar to showcase your home’s architecture
- 40/60: Pair a dusty antique white like Dulux Natural with the warm tone of Black Spur
- 30/70: Charcoal like Dulux Domino paired with white trim in Dulux Lexicon and Terrace White
Pastels are a well known way to lighten and brighten any facade. For timeless elegance, choose for a classic, two-colour palette the place a neutral helps ground the pastel:
- A beachy Hamptons aesthetic: Pair soft blues like Dulux Zenith Heights Quarter or Dulux Greenland Ice Quarter with crisp white trim for an effortless mild and ethereal come to feel
- Tuscan – Dulux Cream and Egyptian Crimson
- Traditional region – Pick a grey-eco-friendly eucalypt-influenced shade like Dulux Powdered Gum or Dulux Sage Inexperienced
Irresistible earthy tones
A palette of earthy colours in heat hues is effective effectively for a household with timber, brick and stone capabilities. This is the great palette if you want your dwelling to exude a rustic vibe. Here are our favorite concepts:
- Layer heat ochres, slate gray and prosperous browns: Dulux Egyptian Pink, Indian Pink or Oxblood
- Serene environmentally friendly: Dulux Sage Environmentally friendly, Dulux Olive Leaf or Dulux Antique Eco-friendly
For a elegant and timeless nautical vibe, pick powerful, contrasting shades of blue and white. Suggestions consist of:
- Navy blue and white: Dulux Rainmaker and Dulux Antique White
- Teal blue and white: Dulux Hammock or Wentworth with Dulux Vivid White
Cobalt blue, light grey and mint: Dulux Cobalt Blue, Dulux Lexicon 50 % and Dulux Greenland Ice Quarter
Dim navy, gold and white: Dulux Sailing Safari, Topelo Honey and Dulux Organic White
Pro Decor features a Dulux Colour Session to transform your residence. Fascinated in an obligation absolutely free quote? Give us a contact on 089 498 5537.